Wednesday, January 7, 2009




Ok, part of my New Years Resolution was posting more pictures of the "finished product" so to speak. So far this month we have had the Baked Fish & Chips, Fireside Pork Roast, and the Tuscan Chicken. I remembered to take pics of the pork and the chicken. And now for my humble opinion.....
We all (my family of 4) have really enjoyed all 3 meals so far this month. My kids were VERY excited to learn that Dream Dinners has fries. Fries are a major food group in our house. The fish has a wonderful crunch to it, and the tartar sauce - yummy! It has capers in it, which gave the sauce an additional hit of vinegar.
The Pork Roast was very tender and moist. I really enjoyed the marinade with it. I would recommend to everyone that you keep the rest of the marinade and heat it up in a saucepan to serve on the side. My kids both thought it was a little (emphasis on little) spicy, but the spice was in the sauce, not the pork itself.
We had the Tuscan Chicken tonight, and as you can see by the photo, it was a full meal. We opted for the whole wheat pasta. Yes, we have whole wheat this month - yeah!! It cooked up in @ 25 min. and made the whole house smell wonderful. I must confess, I am not the most picky of eaters. However, my 7 year old IS. And even he admitted, somewhat grudgingly, that it was very good. I think the pasta helped him overlook the presence of artichoke hearts. I don't mind, I took the artichoke hearts.
Sooo, that's my 2 cents worth.
Every meal so far I plan to make again if possible. They were all very different from each other, that is nice.
Now, we always enjoy hearing your feedback. Whether you really enjoyed a meal and wish you had made more, or were disappointed in one and need a do-over. You can let us know in comments, by e-mail (26crossingin@dreamdinners.com) or in person when you come in for your next session.
Thanks!!

1 comment:

Miriam T. said...

I love that you'll be posting pictures of the prepared Dream Dinners meals. I hope you're able to keep this resolution. Best wishes for a prosperous 2009! I've featured your store blog on my website www.whatscookingatdd.com.