Thursday, March 5, 2009





It's March! Spring is just around the corner and we can shed our heavy coats - at least for right now. Yesterday we participated in the Greater Lafayette Chamber of Commerce Business Expo. We decided food was a must, after all, we ARE Dream Dinners. We served up Grilled Sonoma Steaks and Chicken Mirabella. Both meals were a big hit. It was interesting to see how, as soon as Amy fired up the little grill, people came out of nowhere! I forgot to take a pic of the steaks, sorry. I will another day. but let me tell you, they are AWESOME! Tender steak, tomato pesto, goat cheese. Melt in your mouth. I DID remember to take a pic of the chicken mirabella. I must confess, I am a bit partial to the mirabella. And yesterday we cooked it in a crock pot. I'd never tried that before, but it came out just as tender and yummy as in the oven. We always serve this over rice or couscous so we can soak up as much juice as possible.
We enjoyed meeting so many people yesterday. And we look forward to an exciting March!

1 comment:

Miriam T. said...

What a great idea to use couscous or rice with the Chicken Mirabella. I think the sauce is the best part of the dinner. I've been using fettuccine - a habit I developed when it used to come with the meal, but I might have to try the couscous for even more flavor soaking.

What's Cooking at DD
www.whatscookingatdd.com