Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Here it is, we are in May. Where did April go???
So, this month we have a couple of brand new meals. At least new to us. We've been open 1 1/2 years now so maybe they've been on the menu before. The meal I was most excited about is the Balsamic Blackberry Chicken. So we made it right away. The first time we followed the instructions and it was OK. But not exactly what we were expecting. Too balsamicy (is that a word?), so much soy taste. So the second time I added some honey. YUM!!! Adding honey to the berry sauce gave it more body and enhanced the berry flavor, without overwhelming the balsamic. To round it out I served it over Jasmine Rice. So the sauce soaked into the rice too. We decided to add honey as an option for this recipe, let our guests decide. You can add it at home too. I put in @ 2 TBSP honey for a 3-serving. I took pictures too, and I'll try to get it posted soon.
I also had the SW Chicken with Red Beans and Rice. I only used 1/2 of the seasonings and grilled them. Most of my family do not care for a lot of spice, so using half was perfect for us. We will use the rest another day. I really enjoyed the rice mixture. It had great flavor. I think it would be great next month with the Tex Mex Pork too. Perhaps we will offer it as a side option.
Coming soon, we'll try the Monte Cristo Chicken. Allergy info and side info will be posted tomorrow too.
Happy May!!!

1 comment:

Miriam T. said...

What a great tip for the Balsamic Blackberry Chicken. I'll admit that I'm pretty apprehensive about trying it (Balsamic - Mmmm, Blackberry - Eh, Balsamic + Blackbery - ???). I'll wait to see how your picture looks before making the final decision! :)